Initial Practitioner School Services License

School Counselor, School Nurse, and School Social Worker

It is highly recommended that you apply for the license as soon as the program requirements are complete.

When you have met all the requirements, log on to the Indiana LVIS Portal and create an individual profile. Be sure to indicate that IU Indianapolis is the “recommending university”

See LVIS Applicant Manual for instructions

If you have questions, call 317-274-0647 or email Jodi Norton (, Academic Advisor.

Initial Practitioner School Services License

  • For School Counselors

    • Submit LVIS application upon successfully completing coursework, CPR/AED certification, Suicide Prevention training, and the School Counseling licensure test.
  • For School Nurses

  • For School Social Workers